Thrivent Choice Dollars
The Thrivent Choice® program encourages benefit members to recommend where Thrivent Financial distributes an amount of its charitable grant funds. Members make this recommendation by directing Choice Dollars to enrolled nonprofit organizations, including churches and yes, Augustana District!.
Member eligibility requirements
To be eligible to participate in Thrivent Choice, you must be a benefit member.1
Individual eligibility is also based on at least one of the following:
- Holding a qualifying Thrivent Financial volunteer leadership position.
- Having $750 or more in annual premiums of qualifying insurance products.
- Having $20,000 or more in contract value of qualifying products.
Member eligibility is determined monthly and reevaluated on an annual basis.
Qualifying volunteer positions
Congregational leadership positions:
- Congregational Advocate
- Lead Congregational Advocate
Thrivent Builds leadership position:
- Thrivent Builds Congregational Champion
1 A benefit member is someone 16 years or older who meets membership eligibility, has been admitted for membership, and has a qualified connection to a Thrivent Financial insurance or annuity product or received a settlement agreement from such insurance.
Minimum and maximum Choice Dollars designations
- Eligible benefit members will be designated a minimum of 25 Choice Dollars and a maximum of 5,000 Choice Dollars per eligibility period (Jan. 1 to Dec. 31).
Choice Dollars expiration date
- Choice Dollars designated during the calendar year can be directed until March 31 of the following year.
The Thrivent Choice® charitable grant program engages Thrivent members and Thrivent Member Networks in providing grants that support charitable activities, furthering Thrivent’s mission and its purposes under state law. All grant decisions, including grant recipients and amounts, are made at the sole discretion of Thrivent. Directing Choice Dollars® is subject to the program’s Terms and Conditions available at Thrivent.com/thriventchoice.